Saturday, March 21, 2009

Miami Conquistador



At 2:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time On March 21,2009 - this very moment - I am launching Miami Conquistador. My name is Blaine Zuver - many of you know me from Miami Metblogs, ArcticTropic Blog and of course, FaceBook ,Twitter and even in person.

The name Miami Conquistador symbolizes Miami's role as the seat of an empire that stretches from South Florida almost down to Antarctica, with the strongest influence around the entire rim of the Caribbean . This not to say we physically own or occupy these lands and islands, it is our cultural,financial and political influence , that makes Latin America look to Miami - not New York and Washington - for leadership. New York, Washington and California are not aware of our business opportunities. NYC looks to Europe, California to Asia - and Washington to the Middle East.

I will be posting from Latin America and other areas of the world whenever I travel there.

We are a strong city - one of the freest in the USA . Many people escaped from dictatorships to come here, and do not appreciate the smothering influence of the Politically Correct Nanny State becoming so evident in other areas of the USA.

I will be posting a lot on happenings and places in our amazing city - from my perspective. I believe this will be very different from the many Miami blogs out there.

In about a week the launch of Miami Conquistador will be announced on Facebook. I'll be looking for others to join me here - blogging and commenting !

No comments: